Previous MDBR Grants for SRS Research
Over the last 3 years, Team SRS has raised over $300,000 and funded these research grants awarded to top scientists at leading institutions! Thank you for making this possible!
1) Self-immolating NanoSpermine as a novel treatment approach to restore normal spermine/spermidine ratios in SRS models - Robert Casero, PhD; John Hopkins University School of Medicine
2) Skeletal stem cells to treat the bone defects of patients with SRS -
Fernando Fierro, PhD; University of California, Davis
3) Modelling osteogenesis of SRS patients by targeting Spermine Synthase using CRISPR/Cas9 in human bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cells - Fernando Fierro, PhD; University of California, Davis
4) Mechanisms of mitochondrial toxicity in SRS - Grace Zhai, PhD; University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
5) Role of mitochondria and ROS in etiology of SRS - Charles Schwartz, PhD; Greenwood Genetic Center
6) Expanding the Breadth of Metabolite Analysis for SRS - Tim Wood, PhD; Greenwood Genetic Center
The progress we've made, and the hope it represents, would NOT have been possible without support from donors like you and the generosity of Penn Medicine!